For many vapers, an e-cig remains their preferred nicotine replacement therapy (NRT), and since it is needed to continue to fulfill both mental and physical dependencies, it’s important that the device is properly cared for. Whether you choose to vape JUUL, Logic, or Vuse Vapor, even the best e-cig requires regular maintenance and cleaning to avoid having to order a premature replacement—except disposable units like blu and FLIQ Vapor, which can be disposed of when the e-liquid is finished. That said, while there’s nothing you can do about regular wear and tear, there are ways to prolong the lifespan of your unit through an easy cleaning and upkeep schedule.
How to boost the lifespan of your device battery
While disposables come equipped with a pre-charged battery that outlasts the use of the unit, rechargeable devices require regular charging to provide users with rich vapor throughout the day.
While the charging process for these units is fairly straightforward, there are some tips we have that will ensure that your battery functions at full capacity:
- Ensure that it’s charged often: A healthy battery is dependent upon regular charging to maintain its power. So, it’s important that levels remain topped up to avoid steady draining from lack of use.
- Never overcharge: Finding a healthy balance between a full charge and overcharging requires you to make note of how long you’re leaving your battery plugged in. Since all devices vary in the length of time needed to recharge, it’s best to set a timer on your phone to avoid forgetting to unplug your battery. We recommend leaving your battery plugged in for no more than 6 hours.
- Turn off your device when you’re done using it: Forgetting to power down your device leads to the unnecessary draining of your e-cig battery. Simply turn off your device between uses to minimize energy use and ensure that your battery power lasts for longer periods of time.
- Avoid extra hot environments: Even the best e-cigs drain battery life when they are left out in the heat. So, be sure to keep your device in cooler temperatures and store it away from sunny areas.
- Avoid dropping your device: Like any electronic device, its inner mechanisms are fragile and sensitive. Avoid banging your device and/or dropping it on the ground to prevent damage.
How to clean your device
Not only does regular cleaning ensure the best taste out of your e-cig, but it also avoids strain from the build-up of dust or gunk around the mouthpiece and connecting terminals.
Here are some quick and easy ways to keep your device clean and operating well:
- Make a weekly cleaning schedule: It never takes more than a couple of minutes if you remember to clean your device on a regular basis. Simply unscrew the battery from the tanks and/or mouthpiece and give each terminal a quick wipe with a fresh piece of paper towel. You can also use a Q-tip to wipe the internal areas around the mouthpiece. You can also wipe down the charger, as this piece of equipment collects the most amount of dust from sitting in storage.
- Do a deeper clean once a month: You can extend the life of your e-cig by running the mouthpiece under warm water from time to time. Refrain from using any soap and allow it to air dry when you’re finished.
Are there any other ways that you preserve your best e-cig? Drop a comment below to share some tips with our readers.
The post How do you get the longest lifespan out of your e-cig? appeared first on Blog Vape-Ecigs.